5 Ways to Maximize EfficiencyCompanyCam
Reading Time: 5 minutesShare Now:
As the saying goes, “time is money” - and contractors are no exception to this rule! Companies need to ensure they are being logical with their time & money. Maximizing efficiency in the office or at the jobsite can be a challenge, but nothing an organized contractor can’t handle. CompanyCam is a helpful tool for staying organized.
Follow along below and find out 5 ways to maximize efficiency while using the CompanyCam app!
1. Edit your pics
- Text - Adding text to images ensures clarity. It also adds context to the image. Be it your boss, employees, or your customers, I guarantee further context and explanations are appreciated.
- Arrows - Arrows are a helpful tool when identifying a particular section of the image. Arrows are efficient in saving the need for a long explanation.
- Circle - Circles, similar to arrows, draw attention and focus to a particular part of the image.
- Comments - When wanting to address/include/dialogue with a coworker about a particular photo/project, utilizing the comments is the way to go. “@”-ing co workers gets their attention and stirs up the conversation. Best Practices: Simply put, clarity is key. Whether it be through text on pictures or commenting with your co-workers in the comments, be as clear as possible.
2. Labeling and Tagging
- Label - Labeling from the project level maximizes efficiency. It reduces the chance of projects/photos being misplaced or confused. Labeling will also help get future work - for example, once a project has been completed, add in a label “project 2022” as a reminder to check in in year 2022.
- Tagging - Tagging saves a great deal of time once your photos are downloaded. Tags can be added to specific photos. Once your photos have been downloaded through a zip file, the tags will be transferred to the file names (making it incredibly easy to organize/locate photos).
- Limitless - Really helps organize photos. Use the tag “prexistancing damage” Best practices: Have a tag called “prexistancing damage.” Use this tag whenever you first arrive at a jobsite. To ensure you’ve covered your butt at all times, place this tag on any photos that indicate damage prior to your company’s involvement.
3. Share photos out of CompanyCam
- Timeline link - instead of dealing with hours on the phone or long, informative, boring emails, send your customers the timeline link. This will update them in real-time! Can you think of anything more convenient?! Using the timeline links will take your business’s efficiency to the next level, I promise. But make sure you are documenting your progress!
- Best Practice: Keep your customers in the loop! Keep them up-to-date & engaged in the conversation through the CompanyCam timeline link.
- Take 20 second video segments. Utilize this feature by taking daily recap videos to inform your team/customers, document project progress so clients can see what’s going on, and record any funky sounds! A photo can’t portray audio, but thankfully a video can.
- Best Practices: Begin each project with a thorough video walkthrough to capture the full scope of the job. You can also capture any particularly important or challenging obstacles you come across and get insight from your team or manager without making them drive to the job.
5. Market your work through CompanyCam
- Create a PDF photo report - Quickly generate photo reports within the web CompanyCam app. No need for clunky Word documents anymore! Simply drop photos into the CompanyCam reports generator, add any notes or information, and send the PDF to your insurance adjuster, home owner, or office admin for safe keeping. Having a concise, attractive, organized photo report will initiate raving fans from your users!
- The Before and After filter on CompanyCam allows you to show off your amazing work! It makes for the perfect social media content. What’s better than showing off killer progress photos with potential clients? You’ll have them convinced in minutes!
- Best Practices: Use social media! Facebook, Instagram, SnapChat, LinkedIn - all of these are fantastic platforms to improve your marketing and online reputation. CompanyCam makes it easy to customize and share photos to social media.
And an additional tip cause it’s your lucky day: Integrations! CompanyCam plays well with others. JobNimbus, SumoQuote, and AtlasPro+ to name just a few! CompanyCam’s integrations minimize time spent between programs & unites them into one. It’s definitely worth checking out. All in all, CompanyCam is a contractor's best friend when it comes to saving time, saving money, and being as efficient as possible!
Check out this video for more information: CompanyCam Demo - Atlas Roofing Corporation
For CompanyCam’s and AtlasPro+ integration information, check out this page: https://companycam.com/atlas
CompanyCam bio: CompanyCam is a photo-based solution created for contractors, by contractors. Users can take unlimited photos—which are location and time stamped, sent to the cloud, and stored securely. Every photo is organized by project and instantly available to your team, allowing you to see what’s going on anytime, anywhere. Photos can be annotated with drawings, arrows, comments, tags, and voice notes and users can create project timelines, photo galleries, reports, and transformation photos through the app. Sharing photos with customers and insurance adjusters has never been easier, and keeping your entire process organized has never been simpler.