So Many Choices
How To Pick The Right ShingleDaris Brown, Writer
If you think choosing the right shingle color is hard, you are not alone. With an endless array of colors to choose from, getting started can be difficult. But don't worry — we’ve got a great system to help you pick the perfect shingle color for your home.
Select Your Style
Before you start flipping through a collection of earth-tone samples, you need to determine which shingle style best fits your home — and your price range. You don’t want to waste time falling in love with a beautiful shade of brown if it’s not available in a style you like.
Most homeowners are not aware that shingles come in different styles, including three-tab, slate look and architectural.
Slate look: Mimic the look of slate but offer the easy care and affordability of asphalt (See: Atlas StormMaster® Slate)
Focus On Features
Narrow down the options by comparing available shingle features and determining which are most important for your roof. Here are a few features to consider:
- Class 4 impact resistance – Do you live in an area of the country that experiences regular hailstorms? Class 4 impact-resistant shingles, such as Atlas StormMaster Shake, deliver superior impact resistance to help protect your home from damaging hailstones.
- Algae resistance – How humid is your region? Do you see roofs with black streaks all around you? Atlas shingles manufactured with Scotchgard™ Protector help resist those ugly black streaks caused by algae.
- High-wind rating – Do you get nervous any time a strong wind blows? Shingles, such as Atlas StormMaster Slate with 130 mph wind resistance, are designed to stay put — and look good in the process.
- Comprehensive warranty protection – Do you want to feel secure with your investment? For maximum protection and warranty coverage, have a full Atlas Signature Select® Roofing System installed and receive an enhanced Premium Protection Period for total peace of mind.
- Extensive color options – Are you tired of plain black shingles? Get ready for an explosion of color, because there are many different options available — such as the new Natural Expressions color palette available in the Atlas Pinnacle Pristine line of shingles.
Choose Your Color
Deciding on shingle style and features first, you can significantly narrow down your list of color options. Go through that shortened list and pick the best color for your home.
Maybe you want to match the roof color to the shutters or front door. Or perhaps you're more of an opposites attract kind of person? In that case, if you have a light-colored home, go with a dark roof (or vice-versa for a dark-colored home). The contrast will help your entire house pop.
Don’t be afraid to spread out your sample boards and make a side-by-side comparison to help with your selection process. Likewise, don't hesitate to lean on the advice of your roofing contractor, who has years of experience and can be a valuable resource for helping you choose a color.
Sit Back And Enjoy!
Atlas Roofing offers a broad range of beautiful designer colors and styles, which makes it easy to find an exceptional shingle to boost your home’s curb appeal. Visit the Atlas website to get started.